Criteria for Edge Runners:
- Applications support the innovative work of nurses and demonstrate the holistic and integrated philosophy underlying nursing care.
- The application demonstrates how an innovative solution (intervention or model of care) remedied a problem in the delivery of health care or an unmet health need of a population. (Please include a description of the problem, population served, the specific outcomes expected/desired, and the implemented solution.)
- Although single demonstrations are acceptable, data that substantiate the success and impact of the project must be included with the application. (Please describe the clinical outcomes, financial outcomes, and evidence of improved access to care. Include mention of any randomized clinical trials or other research that demonstrate the impact of the innovation.)
- There is evidence that the original work has been replicated or has the promise of leading to replications in other settings.
- Applicants need not be fellows in the American Academy of Nursing.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, June 1, or September 1.