2018 Nomination Process
The American Academy of Nursing is seeking nominations for the following volunteer leadership positions:
Secretary (1 to be elected, 2-year term)
Board Members (3 to be elected, 2-year term)
Fellow Selection Committee (5 to be elected, 3-year term)
Nominating Committee (3 to be elected, 2-year term)
Click here for leadership position descriptions
- Current Academy Fellows may self-nominate or nominate Fellows in good standing to be considered for the ballot.
- To nominate yourself or another Fellow, please log in to your Academy account. Once you are logged in, click on the "My membership profile" link in the top right-hand corner of the Academy's homepage. On the next page underneath the "My Profile" heading, select either 2018 Nomination of a Fellow Form (only to be filled out if you are nominating another fellow) or 2018 Self-Nomination Form (only to be filled out if you are nominating yourself).
- Nominations must be submitted by April 2, 2018, online in order to be considered by the committee for a leadership position.
- Those Fellows that have self-nominated or have been nominated by another Fellow will be asked to complete a Nominee Questionnaire Form which will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee in order to compose the 2018 slate of candidates. The Nominee Questionnaire is due by April 9, 2018.
- Not all nominees will be slated for the ballot.
- Nominees will be notified regarding if they have been slated or not by late May.
- The 2018 Election Ballot is scheduled to be sent to Fellows in good standing in late June.
It is important that the nominee have regular access to email as a good deal of communication is done electronically.
If you have questions, please contact Joshua Poole, Member Engagement Manager, via email Joshua_Poole@AANnet.org
or via phone (202) 777-1176.